Canada supervisa for parents or grand parents
Only persons who successfully meet all requirements will be issued a super visa. Call us now to ensure a successful application process.
Despite the current two year moratorium on Parents/Grandparent Sponsorship family reunification remains to be the pillar of Canada’s Immigration Policy and a stated objective of the Immigration and Refugee protection Act.
In order to bolster reunification and remedy the temporary pause the Canadian Government launched the Super Visa.
Why it was introduced?
- Wait times for Family Class sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents now exceed seven years, and without taking action, those times will continue to grow, and that is unacceptable.
- Action must be taken to cut the backlog, reduce the wait times, and ensure that parents and grandparents program is sustainable over the long run.
Do you qualify?
To apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- be found admissible to Canada; and
- meet certain other conditions.
You cannot include dependents in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner is eligible to accompany you under this provision.
What you need to provide?
In order to obtain a Parent or Grandparent Super Visa, in addition to the documents listed under temporary resident visa, you also need to provide:
- Evidence of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident you wish to visit (e.g., birth certificate, baptismal certificate or other official document naming you as parent);
- A letter of invitation from your child or grandchild that includes arrangements for care and support and indicates the number of family members in their household;
- Proof from your child or grandchild that he or she meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO); and;
- Proof that you have private medical insurance valid for a minimum of one year from a Canadian insurance company and that:
- Covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
- Provides a minimum coverage of $100,000; and
- is valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by a port of entry officer.
You will need a medical examination to be allowed to enter Canada under the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. A Canadian immigration officer will send you instructions about what to do after you apply for the visa. You are not required to complete the examination before you submit your application forms. Neither are you required to obtain medical insurance coverage before you are requested to do so by this visa office.
How to apply
Each individual applicant must submit a completed temporary resident visa application form.
All required documents must be included with your application:
- You must have a valid travel document (such as a passport).
- Two recent passport photographs of each family member are required. Make sure these photographs meet the requirements.
- Enclose the application fee, unless you are from a visa-exempt country. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted.
- You must provide proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
- You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary. Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information
In order to obtain a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you will need to apply for a temporary resident visa and follow all the instructions thereof. Please write on the front page of your application (IMM 5257) “Super Visa”.
As indicated on our website applications may be submitted by courier or in person with prior appointment, obtained by e-mail to (please state that you are applying for a super visa in your e-mail appointment request).
It is recommended that you apply for a multiple entry visa. You must submit the applicable fees along with your application. The fee per person is $150 for a multiple entry visa or $75 for a single entry visa.